Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Quilt!

My friend Corrie made a Quilt just like this but a little bigger for her sister in law for Christmas. When she showed me i fell in love with it! I had to make one! I went and got the material and took it over to my moms and had her help me cut it out. She handed me her sewing machine and the material and i took it home and started putting it together. I got it all put together and went to my mom and had her help me do the boarder. I didn't realize i was being tested on this until my mom told me she was testing me to see how well my lines would line up. lol Lets just say i haven't made a quilt sense I was in Young Women's. But i PASSED with perfect straight lines! My mom was so proud! I couldn't have did it with out her though! I just barely got it quilted and all done so i had to take a picture because it turned out so cute!!! I'm so excited to make another one! I just went up and picked out some more material and a new pattern!




9 comments:

Malaree said...

Mandee that is SO cute! I didn't know that Corrie sewed? Great job!!

Hollie said...

That is awesome!!! I love it. I wanna be talented like that. Good job.

Keisha said...

So cute! Maybe you could make me one?? I love it!

matesen said...

Can the next one be for me? I LOVE it so much! It is the cutest! That might have to be our next project-you teaching me how to make a quilt.

Michael & Nikki said...

That is flippin cute! I'm so impressed. GOOD JOB!

The jarretts said...

Mandee that is so cute!! Your mom was telling me how cute it was. She was so right!! Good Job!! You take after your mom!!

Jakoye said...

Holy Smokes Mandee......I love it!!! It is sooooo cute. I think that you need to make your favorite bunco sub one...what do you think??!?!

The Robisons said...

Well done Mandee! I'm so impressed!!!

Connie said...

Mandee you did so good! I love the fabric. Becareful because this is a hobby that can be very addicting and sadly, expensive. It's worth it though, right!